As our company responds to COVID-19, the health and safety of our employees and customers remain our top priority. The work we do is critical to many organizations, and we’re committed to being there when our customers and colleagues need us most. Dyrand has executed the part of our Business Continuity Plan that allows us to achieve continued operations and support to you.
Here is how we will continue to provide support during this pandemic:
- Our staff is continuing with regular support shifts, some working from home and others from our office.
- Our support model meets service requests using remote tools over 90% of the time. Remember that our team can remote connect with you to work on any support issue via an internet connection.
- Support requests can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 1-866-482-7364.
- We will minimize the onsite visits to client sites but will still continue to go onsite as required.
- In the event our services are needed onsite, we will address them on a case by case basis and work to achieve a scheduled visit. We will also use preventative measures, such as hand sanitizers and wipes, to minimize risk.
- Our monitoring systems remain fully manned and functional and are not impacted by the virus.
Some IT things to make your team aware of:
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments. Use trusted source such as legitimate, government websites for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19 like https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- As always do not respond to email solicitations for information or reveal personal or financial information in an email.
- Verify a charity’s authenticity before making donations. Review the Federal Trade Commission’s page on Charity Scams for more information at this site: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/coronavirus-scams-what-ftc-doing
- Avoid connecting to public WiFi, it is just not as secure. Use the WiFi hotpots on your phone.
- Whenever possible, it is always advisable to use your company-issued computer to perform any work or access any company data or resources. Your personal computer may not have the same level of protection and security as your company computer. It also does not have our agent installed for remote access which makes support more challenging.
Although the situation is fluid, we will follow the advice of the various governments. Dyrand will continue to support your business so that it can withstand the crisis in front of us while continuing to meet the needs of your clients.