We are looking for a Junior Systems Specialist for our Vancouver Office. The position combines technical support with network administration and technical support.
Dyrand Systems Inc. is an established IT Managed Services Provider in Canada, with a head office in Vancouver. We provide our clients a virtual IT department that gives them a team of specialists that monitor and manage their networks and systems.
Our extensive set of IT related services and partnerships ensure that our clients’ IT systems provide full business value. Dyrand has strong partnerships with Lenovo, Dell, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Amazon AWS, and many other vendors and manufacturers.
Our business is growing rapidly, so our team is expanding! We provide our employees with long-term careers: you will be involved with a wide variety of technical environments working with a spirited team of colleagues. We have a passion for growth, teamwork, and quality customer service.
You must like working with technology, and love working with people. To fit in our team, you need to balance being reliable, focused, and pragmatic with being innovative, outgoing, and fun!
== Requirements ==
Education: Technical diploma or degree or certificates
Verbal Communication: Speak fluent English, and be very comfortable engaging clients over the phone, video conference, and/or in-person
Written Communication: Write clearly, concisely in fluent English in all email correspondence, service tickets, time card entries, and IT documentation
Experience: 3+ years of experience in Technical Maintenance, Troubleshooting of IT Infrastructure, such as:
- Desktop: Hardware, Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365 Desktop Applications
- General: VPN, NTP, DHCP, DNS (internal, and public DNS), Hands-On installation, configuration, troubleshooting of network equipment
- Firewalls: pfSense, Cisco/Meraki, or equivalent
- Switches/Wireless: Cisco Meraki, HP/Aruba, or equivalent
- Server: Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 including Active Directory, (GPO), Remote Desktop Services (RDS) experience
- Cloud: Office 365 suite of applications (Exchange Online, Teams, Teams Phone System, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business)
- IT Security Certifications or IT Security Experience
- SharePoint Server 2013/2016/2019
- Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016/2019
- Hyper-V (Windows Server)
- vSphere (VMware)
- On-Premise Servers, Backup
- Mac workstations
- Mobile Device (Android, IOS) Management, configuration/troubleshooting of O365 applications, and other client applications
- A current valid BC (or Canadian) drivers license
- Ability to pass a criminal record/background security check
== Nice to have ==
- Experience in working with an IT MSP
- Experience with LabTech or equivalent RMM tools
- Experience with ConnectWise or equivalent CRM tools
- Microsoft certifications for Windows Server, Azure, Office 365 (MCP, MCSA, MCSE)
- Microsoft Azure Technologies (VMs, Storage/Backup, Networking), Azure AD, ATP, Autopilot, Intune (MDM), MFA
== The Position ==
The ideal candidate:
- will have the experience that reflects strong technical skills, as well as strong interpersonal, customer service, time management skills.
- will be able to perform rapid analysis, resolution of technical issues across the IT Infrastructure landscape (Desktops, Servers, Backup, Networks, Cloud, SaaS, LoB Applications)
You will be responsible for:
- Acting as a first level point of support contact for clients
- Engaging and communicating (via email, phone, video conference, or in-person) with clients on their IT issues and concerns.
- Acting as the second level escalation support contact (where applicable)
- Ensuring the proper setup and operation of our clients’ IT Infrastructure (Desktops, Servers, Backup, Networks, Cloud, SaaS, LoB Applications)
- Ensuring reliable and efficient operations at our data centre.
- Assisting in other duties involving a computer and network setup and operation.
- Assisting in IT infrastructure projects (systems and networks), as needed
You must be able to work non-office hours when clients require servicing off-hours and share the on-call after-hours support duties with other staff.
You must be willing to maintain current IT Certifications
Most of the work will be performed at our head office with the possibility of some remote work.
Some local travel in the Vancouver area may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Competitive salary plus commissions
- Competitive benefits package fully paid by Dyrand
- RRSP matching plan
- Birthdays off
- Flexible working conditions, work from home when required
- Fun working environment and culture
If you are interested, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org